Currently, ABIRC is running five programs-
- United States Department of Agriculture Office of Partnerships and Public Engagement (USDA OPPE)
- At a glance, USDA OPPE is aimed towards providing technical assistance to our small minority farmer clients. This looks like meeting with them in-person at our office, addressing their concerns, and developing appropriate events, trainings, and workshops. For more information about this program, click here.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture: Farm to School (CDFA: F2S)
- CDFA: F2S is a program where we work closely with local school districts, Fresno Unified School District and Fresno County Superintendent of Schools, to understand how we can help our farmer clients become vendors. The main intentions of this program are to (1) bridge the connection between schools and farmers and (2) help students come to an understanding of where their produce comes from. For more information about this program, click here.
- CDFA: California Underserved and Small Producers (CDFA: CUSP)
- CDFA: CUSP is a program that helps provide financial relief to Black Indigenous Persons of Color farmers who have negatively been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., loss of profit, challenges with labor, etc…). For more information about this program, click here.
- Wells Fargo ‘s “Open for Business” Fund
- The “Open for Business” fund is geared towards providing technical assistance to small businesses/business owners. So far, we have coordinate over seven workshops that touched upon financial literacy and business management techniques. For more information about this program, click here.
- Local Food Promotion Program (LFPP)
- LFPP is a program where we work with our farmers and partner organizations-Poverello House, Slow Food East Bay, and Saba Grocers. Our goal here is to help our farmers sell their produce through our connections with Slow Food East Bay and Saba Grocers, both of whom are based in the East Bay. For more information about this program, click here.
We are always seeking out new grant opportunities. We envision that this list will only expand from here on out.